To God be the glory!
It’s called the City of David! (Named after the birthplace of our Lord) Built to be a refuge for the hurting and lost, a center for ministry, a house of prayer, all in fulfillment of the vision that God gave to Bishop David Ellis and the GGT Family. The magnificent church complex that stands as the largest in Detroit, MI. Who but God could do such a thing? The new 35-million dollar church, banquet hall and conference center stands as the centerpiece of the 19-acre expanse. Ellis Manor Apartments for Seniors, an 89-unit independent living apartment community, also sits on the site.
It was Bishop David Ellis who first saw the potential of this northwest Detroit property. He purchased the property, but passed away in 1996. Yet, he had shared the vision with his son, Charles Ellis, who would succeed him as Pastor and lead the congregation in completing the project.
We Are Running With The Vision! Our church is moving to new heights in ministry. The GGT Banquet Hall and Conference Center is rapidly becoming the preferred site for church conferences, seminars, banquets and major gatherings. And…all we can say is "To God be the glory for the things He has done!"
CHURCH CONSTRUCTION STATISTICS
-The entire church and conference center sits on more than 10 acres
- The entire complex is nearly 170,000 square feet [The first floor alone is 103,000 square feet]
- More than 1.88 million pounds [940 tons] of steel were used in this construction project
- Over 2,600 cubic yards of concrete were poured -2,900 gallons of paint -1,000,000 square feet of drywall [31,250 sheets]
- 1,900 light fixtures in the building
- The building requires 450 tons of air conditioning for cooling
- Two towers, rear of the church, made of concrete and stands 120 feet tall -350,000 commercial bricks used [this is equal to 1 Million standard bricks used on an average home]
- The Main Sanctuary seats nearly 4,000 worshippers and is more than 33,500 square feet
- The main stage 62 feet by 82 feet [The choir risers seat 150 choir members and are removable
- Two huge TV projection screens measure 15 feet by 11 feet [210" diagonal]
- 115,000 watt sound system
- Full production theatrical lighting with special effects
- 5.4 miles of audio, video, and speaker cable installed
- 2nd Floor baptistery with pool, dressing rooms and prayer area Banquet and Conference Center
Total space: 39,500 square feet
Charles H. Ellis III Banquet and Conference Center
- Seats a maximum of 600 for dinner, almost 750 theater-style
- Laptop computer hookups
- Drop-down video projector with 9 feet by 12 feet large screen
- Full commercial kitchen with state of the art equipment [Also, showers area for employees]
Total banquet space: 6,900 square feet
- Sliding Room dividers allow for sectioning off for different sized groups
- 2nd Floor conference rooms  with sliding room dividers
Greater Grace Temple's new television production facility is cutting edge with even the latest in digital video editing. The system has four in-house channels for broadcasting. News and daily events are broadcast over Cable-TV type billboard system.
The Children of Grace Montessori School is located in the building along with the church's travel agency, Travel Impressions. The Montessori School provides quality child care in a God-conscious environment. Travel Impressions has been a blessing to the community since its opening in the 1990s.
The Greater Grace Temple bookstore and media ministry is also located inside the church complex. The bookstore is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, as well as one hour on Sunday after each service.
If you haven't done so already, you're invited to visit this fine establishment.